Thule breaks new ground with the creation of the most silent and safe load bar
Thule, the world’s largest manufacturer of car roof rack systems, roof boxes and accessories has launched of a new range of roof racks for 2012: The Thule WingBar one of the new series of roof racks are the result of months of design engineering which examined aerodynamic qualities, easy fitting procedures and the accessibility of roof-boxes that set a new standard for quietness and safety.
The Thule WingBar offers an aerodynamic designed with lowered base allowing the bar to integrate closely with the shape of the car. Another new innovative feature of the range can be found in Thule’s completely new type of roof rack that has been developed by Thule’s design team in order to obtain the most efficient air and weight capacities possible. The result is a roof rack that is nearly noiseless and can be mounted on all cars.
Thanks to leading experts in aerodynamics (including leading European car manufacturers) Thule WingBar is very much influenced by an aircraft wing inheriting their fantastic aerodynamic properties which result in great stability, reduced air resistance, wind noise and vibrations.
Mounting the WingBar on your vehicle is easy and there are step-by-step guides available on the Thule website to assist customers in mounting all their accessories.
• WindDiffuser™. Extremely silent through wing shaped profile in combination with structured rubber-insert.Thule WingBar generates minimal sound energy
• SmartSlide™. Easy to use through innovative length scale list.
• TrailEdge™. Designed to reduce wind drag and improve fuel economy.
• WingPlug™. Easy fixation of accessories through top T-track and innovative end plug.
• Excellent Aerodynamic properties, drag force is reduced with 55%
• Smoothly curved aerodynamic profile for best appearance.
• Designed for the high standards of the automotive industry, the Thule WingBar has a maximum load of 100kg and is ISO City Crash and TÜV GS approved.
• Fits all Thule Rapid System load carrier feet.
• All current major Thule box fixation systems and most Thule accessories (e.g. bike carriers, water sport carriers, ski carriers etc.) fits securely to Thule WingBar profile with enclosed fixation system. However in a very few cases specific t-track adapters are needed.
• Use the Thule FitGuide to find out which roof rack fits your car.
Thule products are available from all leading car accessory and leisure outlets, including Halfords. All Thule products come with a 5-year warranty.
To find your nearest stockist and for more information please visit www.thule.com