Using Fruisana Fruit Sugar in your recipes ensures that the maximum flavour is extracted from your fruit.
|Pear & Almond Tart|
Home grown pears are one of the most under-rated fruits – they are so versatile and their delicious texture can add interest to so many dishes – sweet and savoury.
This simple recipe from the Fruisana Kitchen will make a fabulous finale to any meal – even a picnic. It has a scrumptious sweet almond pastry and a pear and frangipane topping. Best served warm, it is equally delicious cold.
Sweet Almond Pastry
125 g plain flour
1½ tbsp Fruisana Fruit Sugar
30g ground almonds
70g unsalted butter
2- 4 tbsp water (for binding pastry)
50g Fruisana Fruit Sugar
4 pears, (comice, williams or packham)
70g Fruisana Fruit Sugar
110g unsalted butter
3 large eggs
175g ground almonds
1 tsp almond essence
To make the Pastry
1. Place the flour, Fruisana and ground almonds in a bowl, cut the butter into small cubes and rub into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Stir in the egg and enough of the water to form a soft dough.
3. Place the dough on a lightly floured work surface and knead until smooth.
4. Roll out to fit a 25cm (10 inch) flan dish.
5. Bake blind in a fan oven 180°C, electric oven 200°C or gas mark 6 for 15-20 minutes until cooked and pale.
To prepare the Pears
6. Peel the pears, cut in half lengthways and remove the cores with a small spoon.
7. In a frying pan place the Fruisana and water, bring to the boil to dissolve and add the pears. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer. Poach for 20-30 minutes until the pears are soft but retaining their shape (timing will depend on the ripeness of the pears). Drain well.
8. Cream together the butter and Fruisana, beat in each egg, then stir in the ground almonds and essence.
9. Arrange the pears in the pastry case, spread the almond mixture evenly over the top and smooth.
10. Bake in a fan oven 180°C, electric oven 200°C or gas mark 6 for 25-35 minutes until the topping is springy and golden in colour.
Serve with whipped cream.
|Strawberry Cheesecake with Pink Peppercorn Sauce|
This delicious and simple cheesecake from the Fruisana Kitchen captures the very best of the flavour of the strawberries……with an unusual twist – a pink peppercorn sauce! In the same way that chilli adds “length” to the flavour of chocolate, rather than heat, so too does the peppercorn, with the Fruisana, help to bring out the fullness of flavour in the strawberries. Mmmn, this is sure to become a firm family favourite!
200g digestive biscuits
3 tbsp Fruisana Fruit Sugar
100g unsalted butter, melted
225g strawberries, hulled and cut into slices
50g Fruisana Fruit Sugar
12 – 16 pink peppercorns, crushed
250g curd cheese
1 tbsp cornflour
4 tbsp double cream
3 large eggs, separated
finely grated rind and juice of 1 orange
80g Fruisana Fruit Sugar
250g strawberries, hulled and cut in half
1. Crush the biscuits finely. Place in a bowl and stir in the Fruisana and butter. Mix well. Press evenly into the base and sides of a 25cm (10inch) spring clip tin.
2. Place the curd cheese, corn flour, double cream and egg yolks in a bowl, mix well. Stir in the rind and juice of the orange and the Fruisana. In another bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff. Gradually fold into the curd cheese mixture. Mix thoroughly.
3. Place the strawberry halves evenly over the biscuit base, pour over the curd cheese mixture.
4. Bake in a fan oven 180°C, electric oven 200°C or gas mark 6 for 30-40 minutes until set and pale golden on top.
5. To make the sauce: Place the strawberries and Fruisana in a saucepan and allow to cook gently. Push the strawberries through a sieve to form a smooth sauce. Stir in the peppercorns and serve with the cheesecake.
There are lots more recipes available on the Fruisana website.