There are many great places to stay in St. Lucia but Marigot Bay Resort & Marina is simply divine. A unique resort with views “to-die-for”.
Be very excited when you reserve your stay at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina because you will surely get more than you bargained for. I suppose that we need to add that your holiday in St Lucia will not be complete until you have visited Marigot Bay Resort & Marina. This charming resort is made up of luxurious rooms, villas and Penthouses and is so romantic that many couples have made it their wedding venue. Even before you arrive at the Resort, a Personal Assistant will reach out to you to start planning your holiday with you. They will discuss everything from Airport transfers to choosing things that you would like to do while you are staying with them. We recommended that you lean on their experience and knowledge of the Island to choose activities and excursions that are best suited to your preferences.
When you arrive at the Resort, do not be fooled by the informal reception that greets you; rather, start looking forward to the breathtaking views you are about to see as you are being led up to your accommodation. These unparalleled views are simply to die for and this is no exaggeration because the Resort is set in Marigot Bay & Marina; a secluded natural harbour with spectacular scenery. The perfect setting for a luxurious getaway in the Caribbean. Our villa overlooked two infinity pools, a swim-up bar, a Rum Cave, and a variety of beautifully designed Guest Rooms and Suites.
Even before I turned to admire my luxurious Villa Suite, I was already enchanted by the setting, which overlooks a Marina with yachts, sitting on a very welcoming turquoise blue sea and some lush green mountains that face it. This is St. Lucia and Marigot Bay Resort & Marina says it all.
Visitors from all over the world have been enchanted by this gem in St. Lucia. Whether you are alone or travelling with your family, you will be made to feel welcome here. There is a real genuine warmth delivered at the highest level of professionalism. No wonder American Novelist James Michener described the Bay as “the most beautiful Bay in the Caribbean” and I inclined to agree with him.
Accommodation at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina has been finished to the highest specifications. It boasts 124 guest rooms including Bay View Rooms which offer breath-taking vistas of the bay and its surroundings. Others include Resort View Rooms with uninterrupted views of tropical gardens and lush hillsides. There are also a range of 1, 2 and 3-bedroom suites with separate open plan kitchen, living and dining areas and some with their own private Jacuzzi, set on the hillside for ultimate luxury and views. If you want to “push the boat out”, there are the Penthouse Suites perched on the highest point of the resort with floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors to take in the incredible views, high beamed ceilings, a private Jacuzzi and a fully-equipped designer kitchen. The beds and washroom are equipped with Fine Egyptian cotton linens, with BOSE surround sound and espresso machines adding the finishing touches to an exceptional stay. There are also interconnecting room options available for families as well as expansive balconies for larger families.
Things to do in Marigot Bay Resort & Marina
The list is endless, however, here a few suggestions on our ‘not to be missed’ activities:
- The resort has 2 infinity pools so, if poolside lounging is your thing, no quibbles here, you will be spoilt for choice. Just take advantage of the pool bar and dip in and out of the pool as many times as you can to quench your thirst.
- Ask about the Soufriere adventure. A real value for money trip to Soufriere by Catamaran with all the land and sea adventure that comes with it. A very yummy creole Lunch at the Morne Coubaril Estate is included in this adventure.
- Zip into Lunch
- Discover St. Lucia by Land and Sea excursion
- Sunset cruise – the sunsets in St. Lucia are famous
- Rum Tasting – our rum enthusiasts will teach you about the history and process of making rum with a taste of the different blends from St Lucia and the Caribbean
- Spa treatment in Auriga Spa. The Moon Phase treatments comes highly recommended.
If sailing is your thing then, you will feel right at home here because apart from the fact that Saint Lucia is famed for its warm trade winds and calm waters, ideal for sailors of all levels. Marigot Bay is also home to Saint Lucia’s premier marina known as “Hurricane Hole”, is a luxurious protected haven. The marina is surrounded by mountains which protects it from tidal changes and destructive weather. Parents can rest assured their little ones are in the safest environment for their sailing debut. There are skippers on hand to train first timers and several boats available for chartering.
The Marina is deep enough to accommodate some of the biggest superyachts ever made. The Marina is also used as a start and drop-off point for many first-class boaters. It is amazing discover that visitors from all over the world sail in its waters. The Marina is blessed with a beautiful combination of deep blue waters from the Bay and crisp, green palms from the gardens. A walk down the Marina from the Resort is so refreshing, romantic and soothing. It is also great to know that the use of the Resort facilities is complimentary to all marina guests and this includes the pool area, spa, restaurants and fitness suite. These are just one of the many perks available for using the Marina.
- The Introduction to Sailing is a full day course (min. 8 hours) priced at $1300/£936 (all-inclusive price reflects instruction and gear for up to four people). Boat Instructor, meals and beverages also included.
Half Day is priced at $530/£381 for up to 5 people and includes boat, beer and non-alcoholic beverages.
Full Day is priced at $770/£554 for up to 5 people and includes boat, creole lunch, snorkel gear, beer, rum punch and sodas.
Mini Sunset Cruise is an hour trip priced at $200/£144 per couple. Boat and beverages included.
Luxury Yachts are available for charter and starts from $1,400/£1,007 for 3 hours, $2,240/£1,612 for 5 hours and $3,360/£2,418 for 8 hours.
How to “Rum and Dine” in Marigot Bay Resort & Marina
The resort has several dining options all carefully managed by Executive Head Chef Billy Boyle and his dynamic team. All the dining options at the Resort offer showcases modern Caribbean cuisine with quality local ingredients and seasonal dishes through relationships with nearby farmers and fishermen. Whatever, you do, do not miss breakfast that at The Grill at 14⁰61⁰ at the Resort. Chef Natasha and her team are always ready in the morning to whip you some mouthwatering brekkies which are always served with a smile.
There is the newly opened Hurricane Hole Bar & Restaurant, situated within the Marina Village among the boutique shops and the marina. The restaurant offers authentic local cuisine in a casual and inviting outdoor environment. Hurricane Hole is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and provides an informal, fun culinary option for resort guests, boaters and locals.
You can also try:
- Dinner in the Grill Restaurant- try the chocolate experience desert.
- Lunch at the Brut bar. The sushi is yum!
- Lunch at the Hurricane Hole with two hours Happy Hour!
- Dinner in the Rum Cave, but please do not miss the rum tasting session to begin with!
- Lunch at the Pink Plantation overlooking the Castries Harbour- you might even meet famous St. Lucian artist Michelle Elliott
- Masala Bay, Indian Restaurant in Capella Marigot Bay Marina Village
- Julietta’s – a local dining experience
The resort goes the extra mile to make guests welcome. Here are some of the extra services they offer to guests.
- Private transportation at 100.00 USD each way for 1-3 guests from Hewanorra International Airport. Additional guests will be charged 30.00 USD. Transportation costs from George Charles Airport transportation will cost 50.00 USD each way for 1-3 guests. Any additional guest will be charged 10.00 USD. Reservations must be made prior to your arrival and departure with flight information.
- All the beaches in Saint Lucia are public and so they we arrange transfers to the best beaches on the island. Highly recommend is Pigeon Point, one of the most beautiful and in real Resort style, the most scenic and experiential mode of transport to this beach is by boat a great way to show you all the views of the Island. You can stop on the way to snorkel, order a picnic basket to dine either on the beach or while on the boat.
Marigot Bay Resort & Marina offers Resort View Rooms from £274 per room per night on a B&B basis (based on 2 adults sharing).